Little Girls, Big Style: Sew a Boutique Wardrobe from 4 Easy Patterns by Mary Abreu encourages home sewers to mix four basic wardrobe staples to create hundreds of outfits. It’s beginner-friendly approach to sewing “boutique” clothing guides readers through all the basics, from finishing seams to gathering, hemming to shirring and more. Mary uses her experiences as a sewing teacher to create a practical guide any mom, grandmother, aunt or big sister can find useful. We’re happy to share a little more about Little Girls, Big Style with you today as a stop on Mary’s blog book tour. You also have a chance to win a copy of the book by commenting on this post!
Sew, Mama, Sew!: Your book is dedicated to your late mother, whom you call “the original craft addict.” What kind of influence has she had on your sewing?
Mary: I remember wearing so many things my mom made when I was a little girl: Halloween costumes, wrap skirts, T-shirts — you name it, she made it. I was just in awe of what she could do because it seemed like there was no end to her talents. After my sons were born, she sewed for them, too, and I loved seeing that connection with my childhood. My daughter was born almost three years after my mom died and I didn’t want her to miss out on all that mama-made goodness. I’m not as precise as mom, or nearly as fast, but I think I sew with as much love.
View the Original article
No comments:
Post a Comment