Are you a fan of cranberries? I usually like cranberry juice and cranberry with turkey. I also like dried cranberries on my salad.
This recipe is from the Whitman Mission National Historic Site in Washington State; you can even read the site's Historical Handbook. They have a list of Pioneer and Indian Recipes.
Recipe: Cranberry-Nut Muffins
Tweaks to the recipe:
I put out the margarine to let it come to room temperature. I bought the walnuts already chopped. I used cupcake pans and cupcake liners instead of muffin pans because that’s what I had on hand. Since the size of the muffin is smaller, I cooked it for 25 minutes.Cooking Experience:
It took about one and a half hours total. It made 14 cupcake-size muffins.
Since I’ve never cooked with fresh cranberries before, I wasn’t sure how to pick a ripe package. I just made sure there was no mold.
I found it interesting that there was no sugar in the recipe
View the Original article
No comments:
Post a Comment