Friday, October 22, 2010

Rate this Recipe: Turkey Chili

Now that autumn is in full swing, it’s time for a big bowl of chili.

Today’s recipe is from Feds Get Fit, a fun way for federal employees to participate in activities that will promote a healthy lifestyle. Feds Get Fit had a Recipe Challenge where federal employees submitted an original healthy recipe that is both nutritious and delicious. The result is the Virtual Cookbook and fellow GSA Employee, Jennifer, created this recipe.

Recipe: Hearty Wholesome Chili

I made some tweaks to the recipe:

I couldn’t find ground 93/7 turkey, so I used ground turkey breast which had 1% fat. I used mild Italian turkey sausage and removed the meat from the casing. I drained and rinsed the kidney beans. I couldn’t find canned mushrooms, so I used an 8 oz. package of sliced white mushrooms. I didn’t add the diced jalapenos.

Cooking Experience:

When I found this recipe, the scariest thing I read was

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment